Sightseens

Korgalenio Historical and Folklore Museum of Argostoli

Korgalenio Historical and Folklore Museum of Argostoli The museum was founded in 1962 for the purpose of preserving the memory of the historical and social conditions that prevailed before the 1953 earthquakes. Its archival material covers the island´s historic past from the beginning of the 15th century until 1848.

Korgialenios Library

Korgialenios Library The Korgialenios municipal library of Argostoli was bequeathed by Marinos Korgialenios and is housed in an attractive building behind the ‘Kefalos’ municipal theatre. It is the third largest library in Greece, with over 59,000 volumes as well as many exceptionally rare texts and manuscripts dating from 1535 onwards.

Napier Gardens

Napier Gardens Napier Gardens is named after Sir Charles Napier, a 19th century British governor of the island, and is one of the prettiest spots in the town of Argostoli. Located on a rise above the main square, this densely wooded park provides a shady retreat from the bustling town in the heat of summer.

De Bosset Bridge of Argostoli

De Bosset Bridge of Argostoli The historic bridge of Argostoli, known as the De Bosset Bridge, was erected in 1813 by Charles Philip De Bosset to bypass the swampland of Koutavos, which in those years was synonymous with malaria and death. For this reason the road that leads to the bridge is dedicated to him and bears his name.

Photos